Thursday 10 May 2012

SharePoint 2010 Console App returns ErrorWebParts


On a recent upgrade project I needed to update the properties of a Content Query Web Part. Sounds easy enough, just need to whip a quick console app and away we go.

Coding went very quickly, but when I ran the app I couldn't get any Content Query Web Parts, they were all returned as"ErrorWebParts".

I consulted my good friend google and found this blog post [1]. This guy was having the same issue as me and discovered that this web part references a SPContext object, unfortunately from a console app there is no web-context.

After reading this, I modified my code to set the HTTPContext.Current and like magic, I was able to edit the properties of all the CQWP.
[1] http://sharepoint-insight.blogspot.com/2008/10/sharepoint-all-webparts-appear-as.html

No comments:

Post a Comment